ads

Thursday 2 June 2016

Examples of exercises in English - 8



English Exercises 
 
Put the verb into the correct form!

1.            Last night I just went to bed and was reading a book when suddenly I (hear) ……………… a noise. I (get) ……………… up to see what it was but I (see, not) ………………anything, so I (go) ……………… back to bed.
2.            Mary had to go to New York last week, but she almost (miss)……………… the plane. She (stand) ………………in the queue at the check-in desk when she suddenly (realize) ……………… that she left her passport at home. Fortunately, she doesn’t live very far from the airport, so she had time to take a taxi home to get it. She got back to the airport just in time for her flight.
3.            It is ten pm I (study) ……………… for two hours and probably won’t finish until midnight
4.            A      :                                                                       How (break, you)……………………………your arm last night?
B   : I (slip)…………………………on the ice while I (cross)………………………….the street in front of the dorm.
5.            ‘You (study) …………………………….for five straight hours, why don’t you take a break?’
6.            A   : What’s wrong with your foot?
B   : I (step) …………………………on a bee while I (run) …………………..barefoot through the grass. It (sting)………………….me
7.            The bed was very uncomfortable. I (sleep, not) …………………..…. Very well.
8.            I (hear, not) ………………………the thunder during the storm last night. Because I (sleep) …………………………………..
9.            I don’t want to go to the zoo because it is raining. The same thing happened yesterday. I (want, not) ………………….to go to the zoo because it (rain) ………………….
10.        My brother and my sister (argue) ………………………………… about something when I (walk) ………………………into the room. I wondered what’s the matter
11.        How fast (you/drive) ……………………….. when the accident (happen) ………………………?
12.        John (take) ……………… a photograph of me while I (not/look)……………..…
13.        A            : You look busy right now. What (you, do) ………………….?
B   : I (work) ………………….on my physics experiment, it’s long and difficult experiment.
A   : How long (you, Work) …………………………………..on it?
B   : I started planning it last January, I (work) ………………….on it since then
14.        I (write) ………………them three times, but I still haven’t received a replay
15.        Hurry up! Everybody (wait) …………………………..for you.





Please Choose The Completion!


16.         Aan         : What about your trip last week?
Agung      : Hm, I __________________ satisfied with it. The service was good.
a.   feel                                                                d.   felt
b.   was feeling                                                     e.   had been feeling
c.   had felt
17.         Tia           : John, have you done the assignment given by Mr. Simon?
John        : Not yet. I _______________ it.
a.   still do                                                            d.   was still doing
b.   have already done                                           e.   am still doing
c.   have to do
18.         We began talking about an hour ago. When the telephone rang, we were still talking.
We can say: We ____________ for about an hour when the telephone rang
a.   talked                                                            d.   have been talking
b.   had been talking                                             e.   have talked
c.   were talking
19.         While I  ______________ in my room, I heard someone knocking at the door.
a.   read                                                               d.   have been reading
b.   was reading                                                    e.   had been reading
c.   am reading
20.         She ________________ a nurse for a year
a.   has been                                                        d.   have been
b.   is                                                                   e.   was
c.   has

0 komentar:

Post a Comment