ads

Thursday 2 June 2016

Examples of exercises in English - 10



English Exercises

1.        It was beautiful yesterday when we went for a walk in the park. The sun (shine) ______________. A cool breeze (blow)____________________. The bird (sing)____________________________



2.        Tommy went to his friend’s house, but the boys (be, not) ________________________there. They (play) ____________________ soccer.

3.        Ted and Ann have been married for 24 years. Next year they (be) _______________ married for 25 years.
4.        Ree and Ady are going to the cinema. The film begins at 7.30 and it’s already 7.20. And it will take them 20 minutes to get there. When they get there, the film (already, start) ____________________________ .
5.        When Professor Jones retires next month, he (teach) _________________________ for 45 years.
6.        Chucky came to Britain from the USA nearly three years ago. Next Monday it will be exactly three years. So on Monday, he (be) __________________________ in Britain for exactly three years
7.        Chucky came to Britain from the USA nearly three years ago. Next Monday it will be exactly three years. So on Monday, he (be) __________________________ in Britain for exactly three years
8.        I woke up at six this morning, but I couldn’t get back to sleep. I wasn’t sleepy. I (sleep, already) _________________________ for eight hours.
9.        I didn’t go to the movie with Francisco last Tuesday night. I (see, already) _________________ it
10.     A            : Go back to sleep. It’s only six o’clock in the morning.
11.     B            : I’m not sleepy. I (sleep, already) ____________________________ for eight hours. I’m going to get up. 
12.     By the end of this week, Robert (operate) ________________this radio for three weeks
13.     By the end of next semester, she (finish) __________________writing.
14.     By the end of this trip, she (travel) __________________more than 3.000 miles.
15.     By the end of the next semester, he …………………. Us to speak English for 5 years
16.     Right now it (be) _________________ 3 a.m. and I (sit) _________________ at my desk. I (sit) _________________ here for five hours doing my studying.
17.     I will go to bed at ten pm. Peter will get home at midnight. At midnight I will be sleeping. I (sleep) ________________________ for 2 hours by the time he (get) _______________ home.
18.     I have a long trip tomorrow. So I think I’d better go to bed, but let me say good-bye now because I won’t see you in the morning. I (leave, already)(14) …………………………… by the time you (get)(15) ……………………………up.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment